Sunday, November 29, 2009

Dave Does Santa 2009



Well, today was the first day of the Santa gigs for the year. Our community has what they call Trim-A-Tree, where folks come in and sign a community Christmas Card and hang an ornament on the community tree. We also collect toys for the local Foodbank. I will be Santa at the foodbank on December 22nd.

I have probably been doing Santa for 24 or 25 years now. At first it was with the Post Office in Meriden, Connecticut, and for many years, since we moved to Florida at the Leesburg Foodbank.

Ho Ho Ho !

I said that one day at a bus stop at a mall in Maryland and some black gals who were waiting for a bus said "who are you calling ho's?" I just kept my mouth shut and kept walking.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home