Wednesday, August 23, 2006

All Hands on Deck

We have had the new camper for three weeks now. I decided that we needed another deck section added to the front of the existing deck where Shirley's garden is. Yes, her garden will have to be moved again.

The campground requires that deck sections be no larger than 4'X8' so that they can be moved if needed.

I bought five 2X6X8 foot pieces and eight deck boards, each 8 feet long. The three 6"X6" pieces are the only scraps. Good planning. Measure twice, cut once.

Construction was quick and easy. Boy that sucker is heavy though. I slid it up a couple of planks to the picnic table so that I could apply the preservative without messing up the present deck.

After the garden is gone the next step will be to put in some concrete blocks to hold it level and straight. Lots of time.

A carpenter I am not, but the results were good.


The only scraps.
















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home