Pizza and Beer


Shirley asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I said "Pizza and Beer."
She said okay and I waited and waited for my pizza and beer. I know that they make breakfast pizza and what is wrong with that?
Here's what Jimmy Pappas has to say about breakfast pizza:
"Plenty of people eat pizza for breakfast, but most of the time, it's a cold slice left over from the night before. But what about pizzas made specifically for breakfast? Substituting a pizza base for toast allows you to make a delicious breakfast that provides a little of everything in each bite.
Jimmy Pappas, owner of San Remo Pizzeria Italian Restaurant in Clifton, New Jersey, has offered breakfast pizza for more than 20 years, despite opening at 11 a.m. "Breakfast pizza is not necessarily just for morning hours," he says. "A lot of customers buy them the night before, then eat them the next morning. When we added a breakfast pizza, we decided it would use only ingredients we had on hand anyway. It's almost as easy as making a regular pizza, and we take the time to arrange the ingredients so it looks good."
No breakfast pizza for me. So, I was waiting for lunch. Nope. No pizza for lunch. So I settled for a beer -- or two.
Shirley told me she was going to go and get some pizza for supper and that a couple of friends would be coming over to join us. Imagine my surprise when people started arriving when Shirley was making the pizza run. Folks just kept coming. I guess we ended up with a dozen of us. Four pizzas and lots of beer, wine, soda, fun and talk continued for a couple of hours. Oh, and then a really nice cake.
It was a great day, made especially great by all the friends and neighbors that showed up.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home