Furry Friends
Yesterday there were a mimimum of five furry friends outside the porch window. I have had a feeder there for the squirrels for a few years now. They really like the sunflower seeds I leave for them. Last winter they destroyed the feeder and I just got around to making a new one. The five of them scampering around got me on the project. They only get on the feeder one at a time and will chase any competition away. We'll have to see how long it takes them to destroy this feeder. It is just some scrap 1X3 on the sides and thin wood on the bottom with some holes in it for drainage. I don't know why they have to chew on the wood and destroy the box. Surely the sunflower seeds taste much better.

3 Comments:
Good picture Dave. Tomorrow I am going to send you a picture and a story about and observation I made watching a family of squirrels in our back yard.
7:07 PM
Thanks Mr. Ellett.
1:56 PM
I know squirrels are just "rats in drag", but i think they are cute and funny. They are little scoundrels, though.
4:42 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home